CASE STUDY – MACHINING AND GRINDING
A French subcontractor for mechanical parts used in the agricultural industry was looking to:
- Improve machine performance
- Reduce overall cost and waste of machining fluids
The manufacturer was using two different products from two different manufacturers. Quaker suggested switching to QUAKERCOOL® 3608 HFF.
This Case Study and the solutions gained were achieved through cooperation with L.E.S., a Quaker distributor in France. Quaker introduced QUAKERCOOL® 3608 HFF into 25% of the machines, and L.E.S. made regular visits to provide technical support, fluid maintenance and concentration monitoring.
- QUAKERCOOL® 3608 HFF replaced the competition in 60% of the machines. After 12 months all machines in the plant were converted
- After one year, Quaker showed a 30% reduction in waste cost, a 15% reduction in coolant consumption, and improved sump life (1 dump/year with Quaker vs. 3 dumps with one of the previous competitors)
- QUAKERCOOL® 3608 HFF also provided good cleanliness on tools and machines, and good detergency even on cast iron parts in very hard water